Welcome to the year 2020! As an annual kick-off, I always like to look back at the popular posts from 2019 (aka last year!). This time, we have a new order for the overall top-five and some really great top 5 projects that I completed last year. Let’s get to it!
If you’re visiting for the first time, this is a great post to start with, because it gives a good overview of my popular content. Before we get to the updated list, you can always check out the past popular post highlights:
And again, I tried to mention some projects that have never been featured before (those are linked at the bottom in the “ones to watch” section!).
Top 5 Posts (from any year)
- Things to Do Before you Move in
- Filling and Planting Raised Gardens
- Painting vs. Whitewashing Panelling (and Brick)
- Patch Gaps in Laminate Floors
- Building a Raised Garden Bed
This year, we had a small change-up in the top five posts, so I’m interested to see if the list will be different next year too.
As far as projects that I wrote about in 2019, most were at the start of the year and almost all had to do with our Rental Renovation.
Top 5 Popular Posts (written in 2019)
- Paint Pour Marble Table (+Video)
- Paint Pouring Mistakes (+Video)
- Installing an Ikea Kitchen in a Basement
- Installing Long Subway Tiles
- Moody Master Bedroom Reveal
Not sure if the videos were the reason for the popularity of the first two, but I am making it a goal to try and get out more regular video content this year.
We’ll see how it goes!
Popular Posts to Watch For
Like I did last year, I’m also sharing some posts that had some of the higher views too. This time though, I wanted to make sure I didn’t include any posts from years before.
Here they are:
- Repair Damaged Deck Boards
- Seal a Crack in Concrete
- How to Smooth Grout Lines
- How to Finish Trim
- Diamond Wainscoting Wall Treatment
I feel like some of these popular posts need updates (whether sharing how they fared or even doing a more thorough tutorial). I’ll definitely have to give updates if I get to any of those!
WAIT! I just decided to add my five favourite posts from last year… that didn’t make the cut. In no particular order, I really liked these projects too:
- Basement Living Room Design (we just have a couple of pieces missing from the original design, but still pretty close!).
- Glam Black and Gold Bathroom Moodboard (it was fun a fun stretch to keep my colour scheme more monochromatic)
- Easy Upholstered Dining Chairs (solved so many headaches, and have held up great so far!)
- Draw a To-Scale Floorplan (probably my favourite thing to do, and comes in handy if you need design help)
- Not-So-Neutral Nursery Reveal (a bright and fun space for baby #3, and ya, the post with the baby is definitely the best overall!)
Let me know if any of these are your favourites, and/or if you had something else you liked and are bummed it didn’t make the top spot :)